Decisions and Revisions Which a Minute Will Reverse

Wednesday, April 26

Ego-Tripping and Oakland Unified School District

Today was a good day. I felt happy, more like myself. I blushingly received compliments. Today I could smile without regretting my time and place and discuss the real or abstract, and daydream for hours about being a spy when I grow up and also tending a little garden in matrimonial bliss with a person I just met. I even rambled into B's answering machine for a while, an activity I have dearly missed of late.

I finally won my advisor's good opinion when Bill attested to my high level of "responsibility." She was especially impressed, though, when she learned of my plans for the summer. For those of you who don't know, these plans involve vegetating at home for a few weeks, maybe hiking through the wilderness if I can round up some compatriots, teaching about Final Cut at Tech Camp for a few more weeks, and then being home some more for a little while in August. And at some point(s!) singing Gem Your Igloo and Feast of Lanterns at The Grind with Andrew. It's Christmas in Alaska, you know!? I'd like to say that my advisor was impressed by the singing part, but it was really the digital video bit that swayed her.

...

Redacted.

0 Shut your mouth:

Post a Comment

<< Home